Anyone who has ever owned a home had dealt with stained, dirty, mucky or messy carpets - and it is not a whole lot of fun. Spilled wine, grease from boots, mud tracked in from the kids and dog, steak sauce are just a few of the potential culprits in the battle against dirty carpets. In this article, we are going to examine what I have coined the 'Carpet Cleaning Miracle Method'.
Why? it simply works. The carpet cleaning miracle method will help you to quickly dispose of the inevitable accidental carpet related disasters.
Remember the movie Pulp Fiction? Remember 'The Cleaner'? This method is 'The Cleaner' of all carpet treatments as you will soon see.
As soon as the carpets take a hit, many people simply decide to go with what they have in the cupboard to do the cleaning - generic names like Resolve or Folex are what most people go for. These are well known commercial brands, but are they the best for the job?
The short answer is 'no' they aren't. The long answer is a bit more cumbersome, but the truth of the matter is that no single over the counter commercial cleaner can touch what the miracle method can do for your carpets - erase all evidence of a previous catastrophe.
The Carpet Cleaning Miracle Method goes like this:
- Target the stain on your carpet - food, grease, mud, wine - whatever the case may be, and pick up as much of the offending particles as you can with a damp paper towel.
- Get some hydrogen peroxide. Depending on the size of the stain, you will want to use about 3oz of peroxide for every square foot of effected area where the stain is. Pour the peroxide right onto the stain. Let it sit for a minute and start to 'fizz'.
- Get a damp-to-wettish terry cloth towel and place it over the stained area where the hydrogen peroxide is fizzing.
- Get your iron and place it on the 'high cotton' setting.
- Once the iron gets hot, place it downside right over the towel and the peroxide and the area on the carpet where the stain is. Let the iron sit for approx 45 seconds. Remember, we are dealing with an extremely hot iron on a burnable surface here (the carpet) but as long as you are careful and don't over-do the exposure of the iron to the towel, you should be fine. Remember the towel is wet also, so you aren't applying heat directly to a dry surface.
- Once the 45 seconds is up, remove the iron and take a look at the terry cloth towel. You should start to see what was the stain in the rug being lifted into the terry cloth towel - just like magic (Thus the name the 'Carpet Cleaning Miracle Method'!)
- Repeat as necessary until the stain disappears
Try it yourself and see how much you like the carpet cleaning miracle method! I bet you will be glad that you did.
For more cool tips, carpet cleaning information and advice, please check out Carlsbad Carpet Cleaning Home of the 100% All Natural Carpet Cleaning Solutions. Serving North County since 1989. Article Source: The Carpet Cleaning Miracle Method